Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reflection

I came across these questions in a recent blog I read and was challenged to consider each one at the end of my every day. The honest answers at times are, well, can I say embarrassing...perhaps regretful is a better answer. The journey that I am on is so much more than moving, mothering, being a good wife, and finding a job. It has gone into a deeper sense of personal reflection...and confession.

TWENTY-TWO SELF EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am
better than I really am?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
6. Am I am slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give it time to speak to me every day?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the
Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize hold a
resentment toward or despise?
21. Do I grumble or complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?
(These are the 22 questions the members of the Holy Club, to which JOHN
WESLEY belonged, asked themselves each day as a part of their daily
devotions.)

As I reflect for myself...what I see in NOT pretty, but the real question is what am I going to do about it? Friends, pray with me and take the 22 Questions Challenge for yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those were some really tough questions. Thanks for sharing. I will be examining myself more often...I have a long way to go.

We miss you and love you! Thanks for the updates!
Amy Rau

Randi Jo :) said...

I found you!!! :) look forward to reading more of the blog! thanks for sunday - we were so blessed by you all :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris. Those are some rough questions. I'd have to say my answers aren't that pretty either. Thanks for the challenge and I hope we can continue to challenge each other on this journey. And to think we thought we were coming here to build a church.... :)